|

COFFEE THOUGHTS
Gerald D Hochstetler Jr.
Coffee
Time!! True
story. This is NOT AI “feel good” content.
She
grew up in the deep south. She was tied to trees, abused by her own father,
raped, lived in a drug infested environment.
One day she snapped. She killed her earthly father, and another family
member.
Now she
was down to her final 30 minutes before she went to the death chamber.
Somewhere in the long process of getting there her heavenly Father became
precious to her. She was ready, she was prepared, except for one thing. She
asked her guard who knew her very well if she could PLEASE get her some red
lipstick. She wanted to be beautiful to meet her heavenly Father.
The
guard snuck her in some lipstick and helped beautify her, and then it was
time. When the door was opened to the chamber they gave her a moment. She
breathed deeply, she looked at her prison guard, the one she had come to know
so well. “Am I beautiful?” She asked.
“Yes, you are beautiful” the guard replied.
All the staff in charge of the execution looked at each other confused. They
didn’t get it.
And then she slowly shuffled in, a loud clang, and the doors shut. The law
did what the law does.
I had to think of the time Jesus looked at those around Him who considered
themselves well versed in scripture, considered themselves as good and decent
people and spoke these words.
“Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the
kingdom of God before you.”
I’m not sure how it works up there in the heavenlies, but I can imagine when
God hands out crowns and rewards there will be some big surprises. I believe
individuals such as this will be highly exalted. Not because they deserved
it, but because they knew they didn’t deserve it. And for this reason, the
heavenly Father is exceedingly precious to these people.
Gerald D Hochstetler Jr.
#coffeethoughts on Facebook
Used with Permission











|
No comments:
Post a Comment