Sunday, October 4, 2026

COFFEE THOUGHTS

 

COFFEE THOUGHTS
Gerald D Hochstetler Jr.

It was quite an experience to be a part of the Cumberland County Virginia roller coaster of emotions yesterday. WOW!

A little two-year-old girl wandered off into the woods while the kids were playing hide and seek and just disappeared. 19 hours they searched. Our minds went to the ponds close by, bears, coyotes, and other evils lurking out in the dark. She spent the night out in the cold and was found yesterday around 1 pm.

It was like a scene on tv. Helicopter flying over, crisscrossing back and forth, dogs, volunteers searching, and then yesterday the FBI and other professional search crews showed up.

At around 1 they heard a little voice. One of the dogs got so close she spoke to the dog. And thus she was found in a thicket of brush/grass. She told them she slept out in the woods last night.

During this long day I noticed not all people are the same. Some prayed, some prayed even more. A lot of people prayed.

But there were those who were critical and judgmental. They had the parents tagged with crimes before the sun set. These are a miserable bunch of people to say the least. They sounded like a Candace Owens podcast.

I also noticed they just disappeared when the girl was found. These suspicious miserable individuals have no joy. I walked away knowing that I have been one of those suspicious miserable individuals myself. It’s easy to be that way. It’s not a good way to live.

I would rather be with the group that prayed, and prayed more, and then rejoices in victory!!!!!

Gerald D Hochstetler Jr.
#coffeethoughts on Facebook

Used with Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment